Thursday, December 16, 2021

Thankful Thursday : Pet Insurance

 


I am joining this week's Brian's Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for pet insurance because you never know when someone needs an emergency visit. I have everyone on insurance except Mia and Coral. If you have a young cat without pre-existing conditions, it may be worth it to get insurance. I got Mia and Coral when they are already in their geriatric ages and coverage starts at $250 per cat per month! While everyone else costs about $80/per cat per month and I don't do basic when it comes to the cat fam so we get the best coverage available.

Recently, Cleo had intestinal blockage due to swallowing some random things and I had to take her to the emergency vet. If you know about vet visits you have to pay upfront before any service (at least here anyways) and that can be very stressful for some parents who don't have the money or can't get a credit loan. My charges were $11,852.87 upfront before they can do surgery. Holy Moly. I mean we all hear stories about how expensive the vet is but boy did my soul leave my body. Of course I would do anything for my babies but I can't say it didn't hurt especially with the remodeling going on. 

They usually charge you the upper limit estimate and luckily for me they refunded me $3262.55 but that was still $8590.32 out of pocket! Thankfully with insurance, and after some back and forth emails, they reimbursed me $7551.29 leaving me to just pay a grand total of 

$1039.03

I couldn't be more grateful, thankful because without insurance I would be in some financial trouble. Definitely get insurance if you can, because nobody wants to take their kitties to the emergency vet! I'm sharing the exact cost to be transparent on just how much the vet costs.

8 comments

  1. I'm glad your sweetie is okay and yikes on that bill, but hooray for that insurance. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty insurance is a good thing indeed.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a huge bill. Thank goodness for insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my golly gee whiz- good thing you have insurance! I bet you are thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! Mudpie is the first cat I've gotten insurance for and I'm thankful to never have used it, but also thankful it's there if I ever need to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad Cleo is OK. Also glad you had insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pet insurance is indeed very helpful. I have older cats, so it's not so good for me, but if I adopted youngsters, I'd definitely look into it.

    I also wanted to thank you for your kindness when my Tucker died. It's been a few weeks, but I am grateful for your thoughtful words.

    ReplyDelete