Sunday, December 5, 2021

Sunday Selfie 02 : Chief



Another Sunday, so here is another Sunday Selfie hosted by The Cat on My Head. This is my favorite shot of Chief, my Maine Coon. He loves going outside, to the yard, to the neighborhood park, and sometimes he will try to whine and whine until he gets his way. I always walk him on a harness, and the one I use for him is the Supakit Cat Harness and the backpack is from Your Cat Backpack by Travel Cat. He enjoys going out during the daytime, when the sun is out because he loves basking in the sunshine and rolling around in dirt!

Apparently cats love to roll around in dirt, but we do not 100% understand why. Perhaps they want a dirt bath, or maybe instinctually to mask their scent by covering themselves with the environment making it harder for predators to find them, or perhaps they are just enjoying themselves and expressing their contentment? Those who have indoor/outdoor cats or let your cats outside does your kitty display this behavior?

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who visited or commented on my blog, I see you and just know I visit each and every single one of you! I'm amazing at just how many cat bloggers are out there and some of you have been blogging for many years! Happy to share the love for our feline friends.

Continue reading if you like for my This Week's Highlights (general personal life stuff, cat stuff...just stuff...)


I'm not sure how I want to format this yet, maybe another separate entry on the same day or one long daily entry? Anyways, what went on this week:
  • finished my last exam for the semester. Wooo! I have 2 weeks of "Winter Vacation" until Spring Semester class starts which will end in May, then I will be done with the Animal Nutrition Course. Hopefully by the end I will feel more confident in making homemade diets for my cats. If you didn't know, my cats (those who reside in my home, not the family home) are on a raw-fed diet. I would really like to gain a better understanding on how to create a balanced raw diet. They still get supplemental wet food and dry food for food puzzles or food toys though. 

  • saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert in Sacramento. The traffic was horrendous. Probably one of the worst I ever experienced. What usually takes 1.5 hours (give or take) took us 3 hours to get there (we left 2 hours before the show started), and missed the first half of the performance. I still enjoyed the show, as it was amazing, but bummer we only saw half of it. Hopefully next year they will play in the area again because I'll definitely see them again.

  • remodel is moving surely but slowly. We only moved out of the previous apartment 7 weeks ago, and I'm hopeful another 6 weeks until we are ready for the final inspection. It was just not reasonable to pay both rent and mortgage. Mostly the 2 bathrooms need to finish the tiles, install the toilets and vanities, and the kitchen is almost done as well, also just need tiles and countertop. The cats are stressed from the chaos, noise, from being cooped up in the rooms as construction is on during the day. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, it just feels like forever getting there. I've been living out of boxes, I've no clue where any of my stuff is, and sleeping on the couch the past few weeks but everyday that passes is another day closer to completion.

10 comments

  1. That is a beautiful photo of Chief. Eric had a fixation with water and would have loved to go to the beach. He had to make do with the stream that runs around our bottom field instead. If he knew our walk was heading that way he would run ahead to go in for a paddle.
    I have only seen the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on video, but they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chief is a cutie. It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. I would love to feed raw. I hope you will write more about that as you learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot going on but it's good to see you keeping up with studies and keeping Chief fit. I know Supakit harnesses. We are fans of 1Bike1World and hs tabby Nala has one so we know Chief made a good choice there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chief looks amazing and Maine Coons are wonderful. When Brian came home he had a Maine Coon Brother, Ivan. They were immediate friends and they loved being together. One night, in the middle of the night, Ivan let out a scream and was gone in less than a minute. Brian was heartbroken that his best buddy left him, we all were. Ivan was 4 years old when he left for the Rainbow Bridge, we miss him every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous shot of the Chief and we are always glad to have new cats join the cat blogosphere! We love knowing about the Peeps too! And concatulations on doing renos! Keep coming back and we will keep coming! We hope you all have a marvellously happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chief is very handsome! You sure are one busy kitty mom!

    ReplyDelete